Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Jatropha Seeds Poisoning
At least 14 schoolboys fell ill after consuming seeds of Jatropha shrubs growing in the premises of Bil Village Primary School, during recess.
The children started showing signs of food poisoning towards the end of school hours, when one class III student started vomiting. When 13 others started showing similar signs, the 108 service was called for help. Children along with their parents and teachers were sent to Sir Sayajirao General Hospital (SSGH).
According to Dr Uma Naik, who is attending to the children at SSGH, the children were given drips and vomiting was controlled immediately. "The teachers, parents and the children said they had consumed seeds of Ratan Jot or Jatropha plant and fallen sick," said Dr Naik.
Read more info here
posted by Sudha @ 1:25 AM